Sunday, January 1, 2012

In 2012, I will...

1. Take tennis lessons.  I've played a few times in the past and enjoyed it, but didn't *make the time to really learn or even to play often.  That is about to change.
2. Go horseback riding once a week.  Again, I have done and enjoyed this, but did not *make the time for it.
3. Eat food that enables me to live life free of illness and pain.  No diets, no craziness, just eating to live.  (Kicking things off with the 30 day paleo challange!)
4. Resume regular pilates and yoga practices.  I miss the way I feel when I *make the time for this.
5. Balance my desire for a clean, uncluttered living space with my desire for my sons to be happy and comfortable.  I will not sacrifice their well-being for my neurotic tendencies.
6. Stick to my budget, reminding myself that our long-term goals are more important than the short-term high of buying something I neither need or use.
7. Buy as much of our food from local farmers and markets as possible.  Being the change I wish to see in the world.
8. Enjoy the homeschooling process, and find a wealth of love, kindness, and patience for my children.  I will be the mom they deserve.
9. Appreciate my husband.  He's so easy to take for granted, but he's so amazing that I don't want to.
10. Let myself be happy.  I will let go of anger, refuse to hold grudges, embrace the people who come into my life and let go of those who choose to leave it.

*Notice I saidIi failed to MAKE the time.  It's too easy to say "I don't have time for x, y, and z", but the reality is we make the time for the important things.

No comments:

Post a Comment